Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Stuttgart. And the adventure begins...

YAY! The training is done!! It went extremely well.
We have eaten some really great food here. The first night, we ate at the brewery, and I had fresh gnocchi. Monday night we ate at this AMAZING Thai restaurant and I had some kind of pad thai with tofu. Tuesday night we ate at a really good Greek restaurant and I had these little feta cheese pies, and greek salad, and tzatziki. And tonight (Wednesday) we ate at a restaraunt where we had NO idea what kind of food they served. No English on the menu, waiters didn't speak English at all. I ended up with this kinda Noodles Romanoff/Mac n Cheese kinda thing, with a salad and french fries. The mystery meal!
We took a trip to Stuttgart today since we got out of class early. We walked around and saw some amazing sights. See below. Lots of cool stores and stuff. If you like shopping, that is the town for you!
So tomorrow I start the vacation part of my trip over here. I will leave in the morning via train to Zurich, Switzerland. There I will visit my friend Andreas. He stayed with us over the last summer in Austin for a couple days. It's so cool to be able to visit him over here. Never thought I'd have the chance. On the way to Zurich I may try to find a way to stop to go see the Hohenzollern Castle. Not sure if I will be able to or not though. We shall see. Tomorrow night I'll have dinner with Andreas and his girlfriend in Zurich and crash at his place. Friday we have some tentative plans to go to Rigi. Not sure on that either yet. We shall see if the weather holds. Oh yeah, Monday, during training it was snowing down cats and dogs outside! It was GREAT!
So we'll do that on Friday and then I believe I will leave Friday night to go to Munich. I will spend a half a day or so there on Saturday and then either stay in Munich that night or continue on to Prague. I will spend all day Sunday and Monday in Prague. Tuesday morning I fly back from Prague to Austin.
I'm ditching my luggage with my coworker John since he's been nice enough to take it back to Austin with him tomorrow. And I didn't have time to buy a backpack before I left. So I'll need to buy one. Only thing I'm taking with me is: an extra pair of jeans, boxers, socks, a jacket that I'll wear, my camera, a hairbrush that I bought over here, shampoo, my ipod, and that's about it. I need to pick up a cheap backpack because currently I just have everything stuffed in a plastic bag from the store.
Well I need to go do some research on potential hostels I might stay at in Munich and Prague, and I need to look at train schedules. SPONTANEOUS!




Crazy upturned trees and "giant deer feeders". Boeblingen.

The roofs are amazing. They're extremely steep and this one even has ladders on it permanently!

A pretty tree.

German architecture.

Fountain.

The "cobblestone" work here is so amazing. I really like how it follows every curve and hump in the road.

Schtreetzenznarrowen.

John sitting on some whacky German sculpture.

Ahhh das Brau hausen!

There we go. This is where everyone found us on the first night.

This picture TRULY expresses how Germans feel about their beer. Does that guy looked pleased or what!??!

A liquor that would NEVER make it in the US.

A view from Das Ticketbar.

Rohrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Flowers everywhere. It is so gorgeous. And it's still freezing outside. I can only imagine once it warms up.

More flowenzenheimers.

Flowerbed.

We took a daytrip to Stuttgart and saw some really great old architecture and plazas.

Ominous rainclouds in the background.

Another flowerbed with a pretty flowering tree.

Tower.

This is one of their main shopping areas. There are stores upon stores. LOTS of people walking around. And because they are gearing up for World Cup, you can see little soccerballs hanging from the trees.

Some old architecture. Let's take a closer look...

Amazing sculpture.

Look at that detail!

Up.

Smartcars are everywhere! This one was tricked out.

A delicious German meal. We had absolutely NO idea what we were getting here because the menu was in German and the waiter didn't speak any English. Mystery meal! It was good!

So funny. a Mexican restaurant with Mexican food with German descriptions!

Another courtyard.

Mighty.

Horseman.

This is just one of many churches. These are amazing. This one had dates on it from the year 1130.

Olympics

I LOVE these courtyards. Check out all that stonework!

Up.

Train station.

Read the rest of this post - CLICK here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home